Dental Laboratories Market Analysis By Type (Restorative, Orthodontic, Endodontic, Oral care, Implant), By Application (Dental Radiology Equipment, Dental Lasers, Systems & Parts), By Region – Global Market Insights 2022-2032
Global sales of dental laboratories in 2021 was held at US$ 29.6 Billion. With 5.6%, the projected market growth during 2022 – 2032 is expected to be significantly higher than the historical growth. Oral Care is expected to be the highest revenue-generating type, accounting for an absolute dollar opportunity of nearly US$ 5.3 Billion during 2022– 2032.
Increasing awareness about dental care and cosmetic dentistry is likely to surge the demand for oral care in dental laboratories. Additionally, rising prevalence of dental ailments including periodontal disease, tooth decay, and others is likely to offer new avenues for the growth in the market.
Besides, the outsourcing of restorative and prosthetic products for customization and fabrication in dental laboratories is likely to drive the market over the upcoming decade.
Subsequently, key players are integrating advanced technologies such as intra-oral camera, cone beam CT, computer-assisted design (CAD), and digital X-rays in reconstructive and cosmetic treatments. A slew of such advancements is likely to offer lucrative growth prospects in the market.
Further, rising penetration of social media is encouraging consumers to focus on their physical appearance. Consequently, growing consciousness regarding oral hygiene and personal care is pushing the demand for smile enhancement treatments. This is likely to create remunerative growth opportunities in the market.
In addition to this, need for dental implants and dentures among growing geriatric population is increasing. This is anticipated to surge the growth in dental laboratories market over the assessment period.
Furthermore, consumption of alcohol, tobacco, desserts, and smoking leads to dental disorders. This is likely to propel the demand for tooth clean-ups, root-canaling and dental prosthetic procedures performed in dental laboratories or dental clinics.
- Based on type, oral care segment is expected to lead the market, creating an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 5.3 Bn during the forecast period.
- By application, the dental lasers segment is estimated to register growth at 8.9% CAGR by the end of 2032.
- The U.S. is expected to dominate the dental laboratories market owing to the growing prevalence of tooth decay in the country.
- Japan dental laboratories market is estimated to exhibit growth at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period.
- In terms of applications, the parts and systems segment will dominate the market, registering 6% CAGR between 2022 and 2032
- Growing trend of dental tourism in countries such as India, Indonesia, and Thailand is projected to create lucrative opportunities for Asia Pacific dental laboratories market.
- Surging demand for cosmetic dental treatments for the alignment of teeth is likely to propel the growth in the market.
- High cost of dental products and equipment used in dental treatment is expected to hamper the growth in the global dental laboratories market over the forecast period.
Key Companies Profiled by Fact.MR
- Envista Holdings Corporation
- A-dec Inc.
- 3M Health Care
- Champlain Dental Laboratory Inc.
- Straumann AG
- Dentsply Sirona
- National Dentex Corporation
- Knight dental design
- Henry Schein Inc.
- Dental Services Group