The global computer rental & leasing market stands at US$ 4.5 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 5.5 billion by 2032, progressing at a CAGR of 2.1% during the forecast period (2022-2032).
Computer rental & leasing accounted for nearly 10% share of the global enterprise hardware rental market at the end of 2021.
Get Free Sample Report To Grow Your Profit Margin
Leasing and buying computers is gaining popularity among businesses as compare to buying them outright. Leasing or renting devices provides flexibility and financial benefits to companies. Also, users can enjoy using computers with the latest features through renting, which is another factor stimulating the demand for rental computers.
The global market for computer rental & leasing registered a CAGR of 1.8% from 2017 to 2021, as per the detailed industry analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider. Looking ahead, the market is projected to exhibit growth at 2.1% CAGR between 2022 and 2032.
The emergence of the remote or hybrid working module is another factor that has created a lucrative opportunity for market growth. With the global spread of COVID-19, many enterprises have shifted to remote or hybrid working models, which has fuelled the demand rented computer devices.
The leisure & entertainment industry is expected to drive potential demand during this period. Asia Pacific and North America will be highly fragmented markets with the increasing popularity of the gaming & streaming sectors, which will boost the demand for computer rental services.
Worldwide Increase in Working Population
The increasing working population worldwide is expected to drive market growth.
• According to a study by the World Bank Group, the global working population has grown significantly during 2011-2021, at around 8%. Despite the adverse effects of COVID-19 on large as well as small & medium organizations, the worldwide working population stood at 3.45 billion in 2021.
With the increasing working population, demand for commercial equipment has seen drastic growth. Equipment such as computers and laptops are core to every organization, and these have crucial utility in almost every section of an organization. Therefore, the growing working population is expected to be the major factor that will drive the demand for computer rental & leasing services.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global market for computer rental & leasing is set to expand at a CAGR of 2.1% and reach US$ 5.5 billion by 2032.
- The market evolved at 1.8% CAGR from 2017 to 2021.
- Under services, laptop/tablet rental & leasing dominates and is valued at US$ 3.4 billion in 2022.
- North America leads the global market with 38% market share in 2021.
- Revenue from computer rental & leasing is expected to increase at CAGRs of 2.8% and 2.6%, respectively, in Europe and South Asia & Oceania.
Key Companies Profiled
- Technocorp Australia
- All-Set Rentals
- Aria AV
- Computer Junction
- Computermiete.de GmbH & Co. KG
- FlexIT Rent
- Global Nettech
- IET Innovative edge technologies
- Mieux Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary – Global Computer Rental & Leasing Market
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Definition and Introduction
2.2. Market Taxonomy/ Research Scope
3. Market Characteristic – Bird Eye View
3.1. Number of Active Enterprises by Key Countries
3.2. Average Operating Margin
3.3. Threshold of Revenue Volatility
3.4. Consistency in Demand
3.5. Key Barriers to Entry
3.6. Key Customer Archetypes
4. Market Background and Foundation Data
4.1. Enterprise Computer Rental & Leasing Spending Statistics (US$), 2017-2021
4.2. Computer Rental & Leasing as a % of Total Equipment Rental & Leasing Industry Revenue, 2021
4.3. Penetration of Computer Rental & Leasing in Various Industry Verticals
4.4. Key Trends in Computer Rental & Leasing Market
4.5. Commercial Vs Retail Computer Rental Service Outlook