As per a new report published by Fact.MR – a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global influenza diagnostics market is anticipated to top US$ 4 Bn by 2031, and is expected to progress at a CAGR of 5% over the next ten years.
Influenza, also known as flu, is an infectious disease caused due to the influenza virus. It affects the upper respiratory tract in humans. Influenza is common in children and the elderly population (aged 65 years and above). Three types of the influenza virus are type A, type B, and type C.
Increasing prevalence of influenza, emergence of technologically advanced influenza diagnostics, and growth in research funding for influenza diagnostics are expected to drive the market over the predicted years.
Demand for RIDT (rapid influenza diagnostic testing) is predicted to be significant over the coming years due to rising adoption of cost-effective and faster RIDT as a first line of diagnosis.
Get Sample Copy With Impact Analysis Of COVID-19 Of Market Report –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=6682
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The market for influenza diagnostics to grow 1.6X in value by 2031-end.
- North America accounts for 37% global revenue share for influenza diagnostics.
- Increasing prevalence of influenza and growing awareness for early detection using specific diagnostic tests are driving demand for influenza diagnostics.
- Among the types of tests, rapid diagnostics influenza testing holds the largest revenue share.
- Demand for RT-PCR tests is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5% over the assessment period.
“Increasing technological advancements in influenza diagnostics and growing awareness towards the benefits of early-stage detection of influenza will nudge the sales of influenza diagnostic products over the coming years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Will Growing Awareness Regarding Importance of Early Influenza Diagnosis Drive Market Growth?
Early diagnosis of influenza leads to better treatment and care. It also helps medical professionals and patients take important medical decisions in terms of care and support. There exist a large number of advantages to obtain accurate and early diagnosis after noticing the cognitive symptoms related to a particular medical condition.
Laboratory examination is one of the very effective and popularly practiced testing techniques for the diagnosis of various infectious diseases associated with bacterial, viral, or protozoal infections. Immunoassays, biochemical characterization, polymerase chain reaction, isothermal nucleic acid amplification test, and next-generation sequencing are performed to identify a comprehensive range of infectious diseases.
Increasing awareness among the global population regarding the importance of early disease detection is a major factor responsible for the growth of the global market for influenza diagnostics. Owing to this, organizations are taking initiatives to promote early diagnosis practice to prevent and eradicate mortality due to the disease. For instance:
In 2019, Public Health England (PHE) launched a 5-year (2020 to 2025) infectious disease strategy (which includes influenza) to prevent, detect, respond, and reduce the impact of infectious diseases.
WHO designed the Global Influenza Strategy 2019-2030 with the goal of reducing the burden of seasonal influenza, minimizing the risk of zoonotic diseases, and mitigating the impact of the influenza pandemic.
Thus, rising concerns with regards to early diagnosis of influenza are accelerating the adoption of diagnostic products across the world.
Why is the U.S a Growth Epicentre for Influenza Diagnostic Product Suppliers?
The U.S. market size was valued at US$ 685 Mn in 2020, and is anticipated to progress at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period.
Rising geriatric population is anticipated to fuel market growth. The aging population is highly susceptible to various diseases as they are weak immunologically, and therefore are at higher risk of contracting influenza. This is indicative of the rising incidence in the geriatric population, necessitating diagnostic products.
Rise in government initiatives towards enabling diagnosis has facilitated easy access to over the counter (OTC) tests that are user friendly and aid in timely diagnosis.
- For instance, in 2018, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a part of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, announced its partnership with Diassess Inc. and Cue Health, Inc. to develop testing kits for influenza diagnosis. These OTC products are intended solely for homecare settings facilitating concerned patients to test for the infection.
For critical insights on this market, request for Methodology here –https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=6682
The market scenario for influenza diagnostics is highly competitive. Moreover, the advancements in technology and the innovations in developing the quick, precise, and low-cost diagnosis for diseases is the major aspect creating an opportunity for market players.
Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland) dominated the global market in 2019. The company operates in the market by providing molecular diagnostic kits for the detection of various strains of infection-causing agents.
- The company’s strategic initiatives, such as obtaining Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waiver approvals for its influenza assays and test kits, will help it in establishing its presence in various international markets. Also, its strong distribution network and geographic presence will result in growth opportunities for the company in future.
Key Competitors Listed:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Quidel Corporation
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- Dickinson and Company
- Danaher Corporation
- Meridian Bioscience
- bioMérieux SA
- Luminex Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- GenMark Diagnostics
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- LLC altona Diagnostics GmbH
- SA Scientific
- ELITech Group
- Coris Bioconcept SPRL
- Mast Group Ltd.
Key Segments Covered in Influenza Diagnostics Industry Research
- Traditional Influenza Diagnostic Tests
- Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests (RIDTs
- Direct Fluorescent Antibody (DFA) Tests
- Viral Culture
- Serological Assays
- Molecular Influenza Diagnostic Tests
- Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
- Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests (INAAT)
- Loop Mediated Isothermal-based Amplification Assays
- Transcription Mediated Isothermal-based Amplification Assays
- Transcription Mediated Isothermal-based Amplification Assays
By End User
- Hospitals & Clinical Laboratories
- Diagnostic Reference Laboratories
- Academic/Research Institutes
Choose Quick and Secure PayPal Payment Mode to Get Full Access of This Reporthttps://www.factmr.com/checkout/6682
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583