The global surveying and mapping services market reached a valuation of US$ 9 billion in 2021 and is expected to further evolve at a CAGR of 3.4% to end up at US$ 13 billion in 2032.
Increasing population and rapid urbanization are stimulating the demand for civil infrastructure across the world. Also, smart cities are developing prominently worldwide as they offer a comprehensive digital environment. This digital environment is boosting the security & efficiency of urban systems. To establish a successful smart city, demand for a digital system like mapping is required, which can visualize and manage the geospatial data in a user-friendly environment.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report:
Key Takeaways from Market Study:
- The global surveying & mapping services market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.4% and reach US$ 13 billion by 2032.
- Over the 2017-2021 historical period, the market evolved at 3.2% CAGR.
- Under end-use industry, forestry and agriculture accounts for a leading share in the market at a valuation of US$ 1.80 billion in 2021.
- North America and East Asia account for leading shares in the global mapping services market at 24% and 32%, respectively.
Surveying & mapping service providers to benefit immensely from the use of UAVs, which are much more economical than employing the services of an aircraft with a pilot and related instruments,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent surveying and mapping service providers are American Surveying & Mapping, Inc., Autodesk Inc., 40Seven Ltd., African Consulting Surveyors, Datapoint Surveying & Mapping, E.L.S. Surveying & Mapping, Inc., Alwarqa Survey Engineering, Apex Surveys, LLP, Asia-Pacific Surveys Ltd., Harris Corporation, Cardno Limited, Compass Surveying & Mapping, LLC, J.D. BARNES LTD, Dynamic Map Platform Co., Ltd., Polosoft Technologies Pvt Ltd., Fugro N.V., Stantec Inc., Surveying & Mapping LLC, Tetra Tech Inc., Topcon Corporation, Mott MacDonald Limited, Secom Group, AECOM, and Trimble Inc.
The global geospatial services market is fragmented and competitive due to the presence of several domestic and global market players. Various marketing strategies are adopted by key players, such as expansions, collaborations, and partnerships.
New product development, as a strategic approach, is being pursued by major companies to drive their market presence across regions.
- In early 2018, Baidu Inc., a China-based Internet service company, announced that it has collaborated with TomTom NV, a Netherlands mapping company, to offer high-definition integrated maps to its Apollo autonomous-vehicle software.
- In April 2019, Ambarella, a developer of high-solution computer vision semiconductors and video processing from California), and Momenta, a China-based autonomous driving technology company, announced the introduction of a collaborative HD mapping platform for autonomous vehicles. The product is designed to offer HD map solutions such as localization, mapping, and updates through crowdsourcing.
- In March 2022, Australia-based Emesent introduced the Hovermap ST autonomous drone LiDAR mapping and surveying payload.
Fact.MR has provided detailed information about the providers of surveying and mapping services positioned across regions, sales growth, and product offering expansion, in the recently published report.
The global surveying & mapping services market is expected to grow at a steady pace over the study period. The market is projected to have potential growth opportunities despite extreme competition in the industry.
Furthermore, technological advancements is one of the major strategic moves that is being adopted by market players to gain a large consumer base. Through prominent R&D investments, market participants are enhancing their focus on the introduction of innovative and technologically advanced services to customers.
Segmentation of Surveying and Mapping Services Market:
- By Service :
- Topographic Surveys
- Hydrographic Surveys
- Cadastral Surveys
- By End-use industry :
- Environment Monitoring and Control
- Defense and Aerospace
- Utility and Energy
- Oil & Gas Exploration
- Infrastructure and Urban Planning
- Forestry and Agriculture
- Mining and Mineral Exploration
- Other Key Application Areas
- By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now:
How will be insights and market estimations provided in the Fact.MR report on the Demand of Surveying and Mapping make a difference?
- The study takes a closer look at the major economic turmoil, with a focus on the recent COVID-19 pandemic disruptions
- The assessment of key growth dynamics highlights the attractiveness of new automation technologies and offers readers insight on the prospect of these during the forecast period
- The study tries to offer a balance perspective of the opportunities in mature and the most lackluster markets
- Provides scrutiny of the industry trends that have shaped recent government policies
- Provides an account of major breakthroughs in all segments that might change the course of the market considerably
- Provides an incisive analysis of socio-political milieu in which the key markets operate, and how will that influence the lucrativeness of the overall Surveying and Mapping Market
- Analyzes how collaborations and partnerships among players from different industries shape the key growth dynamics in the near future
- Evaluates the role of various stages of funding on new growth avenues in key regional markets
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583