The global sales of the Chameleon-inspired Polymers in 2021 were held at US$ 850 Million. With 12%, the projected market growth during 2022 – 2032 is expected to be significantly higher than the historical growth.
The Shape Memory Polymers is expected to be the highest revenue-generating category, projected to register an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 1.6 Billion during 2022 – 2032.
Chameleon-inspired Polymers are widely used in the textile industry to make synthetic fibers on a massive scale. In the textile and clothing business, Chameleon-inspired Polymers are increasingly being deployed as materials to offer excellent oil, water, and stain resistance, fueling market development. By 2032, the APAC textile market will have an absolute dollar growth opportunity of US $504 Mn, leading to a rise in the demand for Chameleon-inspired Polymers.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Global Chameleon-inspired Polymers Market is expected to reach a market size of US$ 960 Bn by 2022.
- The Shape Memory Polymers segment, is expected to have the highest CAGR rate of 15% during the forecast period.
- United States is expected to remain the most dominant market with an absolute dollar growth opportunity of US$ 610 Mn during 2022 – 2032.
- The market in US and Japan is set to experience the highest CAGR of 12% during the 2022-2032 forecast period.
Additionally, market growth is expected to be fueled by collaborations among current players to improve quality throughout the research period. Over the projection period, established market players are expected to diversify their portfolios and offer one-stop solutions to combat fierce competition.
- In December 2021, Merck, announced the expansion of M Ventures, its strategic corporate venture financing arm. The additional US$ 636 Mn investment in M Ventures will be spread out over the following five years. The additional funds will be utilized to boost the quantity and magnitude of investments. M Ventures will be able to continue to promote its pioneering innovation approach, generate sustainable commercial success, and act as a catalyst for inventive firms developing breakthrough solutions in the medical and biopharmaceutical sectors.
- In June 2021, Akzo Nobel N.V. announced the completion of its acquisition of Grupo Orbis, a Colombian paints and coatings firm, bolstering its long-term presence in the region. Pintuco Paints & Coatings, Andercol and Poliquim, Mundial and Centro de Servicios Mundial are among the companies involved in the deal. Pintuco’s portfolio is made up of 75% ornamental paints and 25% coatings, with a diverse variety of goods distributed throughout 10 countries, allowing for revenue synergies.
Key Companies Profiled:
- Autonomic Materials, Inc.
- Evonik AG
- High Impact Technology LLC
- Lyondell Basell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Merck KGaA
- NatureWorks LLC
- smartpolymer GmbH
- SMP Technologies Inc
- Spintech Holdings Inc.
- DOW Chemical Company
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- By Product Type :
- Thermo-responsive Polymers
- Photo-responsive Polymers
- Shape Memory Polymers
- Electroactive & Magnetically Responsive Polymers
- PH-responsive Polymers
- Enzyme-responsive Polymers
- Self-healing Polymers
- By End-Use :
- Smart Drug Delivery Systems & Implants
- Textile Engineering
- Automotive & Transportation
- By Region :
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Questionnaire answered in the report include:
- How the industry has grown?
- What is the present and future outlook on the basis of region?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Why the consumption in region?
- In which year segment is expected to overtake segment?
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852