The quantum dot display market is forecast to be valued at over US$ 4 Bn in 2022, experiencing a Y-o-Y increase of 30% as compared to 2021. Future projections indicate that the market will surge over 17x to reach US$ 69.79 Bn by 2032.
The quantum dot display technology is witnessing impressive penetration in the television display industry, expected to generate an absolute dollar opportunity worth US$ 7.2 Bn.
Download Free Sample Copy of This Report
Quantum dots are increasingly used for biological imaging, targeting, and detection applications. The technology is envisioned for significant growth over the forecast period as QDs can be used as effective alternatives to fluorescent probes in biological imaging. Moreover, the rise in awareness levels regarding health and fitness among the global population is presumed to drive market growth across healthcare applications.
The industry incorporates considerable opportunities for growth as top-tier manufacturers are unable to find any other distinguishing factor in LCD displays. They are envisioned to take advantage of QLED TVs earlier than others by developing and introducing quantum dot display devices.
Numerous approaches, such as expansion, introduction of new products, joint ventures, agreements, alliances and acquisitions, are being employed by top competitors. Some of the other developments in the market are:
- In October 2019, Samsung invested US$ 11 Billion in the world’s first dedicated quantum dot display manufacturing facility. Beginning in early 2021, the new production unit is set to operate with a monthly capacity of 30,000 quantum dot display substrates.
- In January 2019, Hewlett-Packard announced the launch of world’s first quantum dot display on glass. The company also launched its new range of “Pavilion 27” monitors with quantum dot display.
- In February 2019, Nanosys demonstrated its revolutionary quantum efficiency for heavy metal-free red, green, and blue QDEL systems, and successfully printed displays in their laboratories using ink jet technology. This is a major advance in quantum dot engineering of the next decade.
Key Companies Profiled:
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Display Co. Ltd.
- Sharp Corporation
- TCL China Star Optoelectronics Technology Co. Ltd.
- Nanosys Inc.
- Nanoco Technologies
- TCL Corporation
- LG Electronics Inc.
- StoreDot Ltd.
Key Segments Covered :
- By Material Type
- Cadmium Containing
- Cadmium Free
- By Application Type
- Medical Devices
Questionnaire answered in the report include:
- How the industry has grown?
- What is the present and future outlook on the basis of region?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Why the consumption in region?
- In which year segment is expected to overtake segment?
For More Insights of Fact.MR Trending Report