Monopolar Electrosurgery Market Size, Share Analysis by Product (Hand Monopolar Electrosurgery Instruments, Monopolar Electrosurgical Generators, Monopolar Return Electrode), by Application, by End User & Regional Forecast 2021-2031
Global monopolar electrosurgery market is gaining traction steadily and is expected to ascend at around 4.5% CAGR through 2031, exceeding a valuation of around US$ 2 Bn by 2021. The market is projected to reach US$ 3.1 Bn by the end of 2031. Overall, the industry is slated to expand 1.5x across the 2021-2031 forecast period.
Global Monopolar Electrosurgery Market Definition
Electrosurgery uses high-frequency energy to precisely cut tissue and keep electrons in place for a clinical cut. A return current from an electrosurgical generator goes through return electrodes to the body of a patient when using monopolar devices. Tissue-cutting techniques include blended cut, pure cut, desiccation, and spray. They are mostly utilized for accurate surgical incisions or to reduce blood loss during surgery by producing coagulation muring. A disposable or reusable electrosurgical pencil is utilized for this purpose.
The market outlook portion of the research focuses on the basic characteristics of the market, such as key drivers, constraints, opportunities, and challenges. The market’s inherent aspects are its drivers and restrictions, whilst its extrinsic ones are its opportunities and challenges.
Factors such as increasing technological development in electrosurgical devices, growing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures, a rise in the number of cosmetic surgical procedures, and an increase in the pediatric population are likely to boost the market in the forecasted period. The increasing issue of obesity which leads to more demand for electrosurgical products can also act as a growth factor in the coming years. In contrast, reimbursement issues along with the risks involved in using these devices are some of the factors that can hamper the market growth of the global Monopolar Electrosurgery Market.
The competitive landscape of the monopolar electrosurgery market is shaped by product innovation and strategic mergers & acquisitions. Front Runners are emphasizing capacity enhancements and global footprint expansion to leverage lucrative prospects in developing economies. Some notable developments are as follows:
- In September 2021, Olympus Corporation announced the launch of the first devices in the new POWERSEALTM family of advanced bipolar surgical energy products. The POWERSEAL 5mm Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer and Divider, Double-Action devices meet the highest standards of clinical performance for advanced bipolar surgical energy devices by delivering consistent sealing reliability in an ergonomic, multifunctional design that promotes procedural efficiency.
- In September 2020, Ethicon announced the launch of ECHELON ENDOPATH Staple Line Reinforcement (SLR), a novel buttressing device designed to further strengthen staple lines and reduce potential complications during bariatric, thoracic and general surgical procedures.
Key Companies Profiled:
- CONMED Corporation
- BOVIE MEDICAL
- Ethicon, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- BOWA-electronic GmbH & Co. KG
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- Aesculap AG (B. Braun Melsungen AG)
- Meyer-Haake GmbH
Key Segments Covered
- Hand Electrosurgery Instruments
- Electrosurgical Pencils
- Electrosurgical Generators
- Return Electrode
- Single Use
- Electrosurgery Accessories
- Hand Electrosurgery Instruments
- General Electrosurgery
- Gynecology Electrosurgery
- Cardiovascular Electrosurgery
- Cosmetic Electrosurgery
- Orthopedic Electrosurgery
- Urology Electrosurgery
- Electrosurgery for Other Applications
Questionnaire answered in the report include:
- How the industry has grown?
- What is the present and future outlook on the basis of region?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Why the consumption in region?
- In which year segment is expected to overtake segment?