The market for goods used to clean the spaces between teeth, such as floss, interdental brushes, and water flossers, is referred to as the interdental cleaning products market. These items are intended to remove plaque and food particles from hard-to-reach regions that a toothbrush cannot reach, and they are a vital aspect of maintaining excellent oral hygiene. The market for these products is likely to rise in the future years as people become more aware of the importance of oral hygiene and as the population ages. Furthermore, technical improvements, such as the introduction of new interdental cleaning products or the integration of these goods with other oral care equipment, such as electric toothbrushes, may have an influence on the market.
According to a new Fact.MR report, the global market for interdental cleaning products was valued at US$ 3 billion in 2020 and is predicted to approach US$ 4 billion by 2031, increasing at a CAGR of 3%. Offline sales account for 90% of global revenue and are expected to grow gradually in the coming years. Fact.MR anticipates a significant increase in demand for interdental cleaning products as a result of factors such as rising consumer oral health consciousness, efforts towards preventive dental care, government initiatives towards advanced oral health awareness, and investments in product research and development by market leaders.
Key Market Segments Covered in Interdental Cleaning Products Industry Research
- On the Basis of Product:
- Interdental Brushes
- Dental Tapes
- Dental Floss
- On the Basis of Sales Channel:
- Interdental Cleaning Products Sold Offline
- Interdental Cleaning Products Sold Online
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Key factors driving demand for interdental cleaning products are rise in prevalence of oral diseases worldwide and growing awareness towards maintaining dental hygiene.
- Europe accounts for around 29% share of global revenue from interdental cleaning products, and demand in the region is expected to further surge across the forecast period.
- Demand for interdental cleaning products in China is projected to top US$ 852Mn by 2031, increasing at a CAGR of 5%.
- Owing to their usage feasibility, global demand for interdental brushes is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5% through 2031.
- Offline sales hold 90% share of global revenue for interdental cleaning products, and are expected to witness significant growth over the coming years.
The interdental cleaning products market is largely fragmented, and companies are observed investing in product launch strategies. Major players are also focusing on strategic partnerships and acquisitions to consolidate their market position. Further, corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives by companies such as, oral hygiene awareness campaigns and dental care programs will help gain consumer attention.
- In 2017, Oral B launched Dubbed 2000 and PRO 600 rechargeable round headed toothbrushes in India. These toothbrushes are equipped with advanced pulsating technology for better removal of plaque.
Some Key Players:
- Johnson & Johnson,
- Trisa AG,
- Procter & Gamble Company
- TePe Plackers
- Curaprox, Lion Corp
- The Humble Co
- Colgate-Palmolive Co
- 3M Company
- DenTek Oral Care Inc
- M+C Schiffer GmbH
Key Points Covered in Interdental Cleaning Products Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Market Share Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact on Sales of Interdental Cleaning Products and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies