The global hair colour market is expected to reach a value of US$ 21.4 billion in 2021, with a CAGR of around 5% over the next ten years.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of all salons, indicating a drop in demand for professional hair colours. To combat this, major businesses are investing in the development of DIY-based professional hair colors that can be applied at home. There has been a rapid increase in consumer desire for natural hair color due to its many benefits over synthetic hair color.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report:
Upcoming Trends in the Hair Color Industry:
One of the newest industry trends is hair color made with organic and vegan ingredients. The numerous advantages of such substances in hair colouring products are luring newer customers to the market.
However, organic hair color have few drawbacks as compared to chemical hair color. Organic hair color do not penetrate the hair cuticle; instead, they coat the hair’s external surface only. Besides, it does not cause hair damage, whereas synthetic hair color penetrates the hair cuticle to some amount, resulting in hair loss, breakage, and thinning.
What are the Challenges Faced by Hair Color Manufacturers:
Procuring hair color ingredient and chemicals have caused a slew of problems for manufacturers. Coal tar-based hair colour, for example, is completely forbidden in the European Union due to concerns that coal tar may cause cancer.
In North America, coal tar-based hair colour can be sold as long as there is a warning label on the product stating that it contains coal tar. This would allow the product to be sold in North America.
Owing to these aforementioned factors, the makers are forced to utilise different ingredients depending on regional requirements, creating a hindrance for market growth
Fact.MR has profiled the following prominent hair color manufacturers in its report:
- Kao Corporation,
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA,
- L’Oréal S.A,
- Avon Products Inc.,
- Estee Lauder Companies,
- Coty Inc.,
- Combe Incorporated,
- Revlon, Inc.,
- Godrej Consumer Products Limited,
- Shiseido Company Limited
In order to maintain their market position, increase their global footprint, and neutralise competition in high-potential locations, key market players have been focusing on a blend of organic and inorganic strategies.
- In May, 2020 Coty agreed to sell a majority of its Beauty and Retail Hair Businesses, including the ghd brands, Clairol, Wella and OPI for US$ 4.3 billion to KKR. Under the terms of the agreement, Coty will spin off its Professional Beauty Division as a separate company, with KKR taking a 60% stake and Coty keeping the remaining 40%.
- On February 1, 2021, L’Oréal has completed the acquisition of Takami Co. and added vital products from Takami Co. to its portfolio.
Similarly, recent developments related to companies manufacturing hair color have been tracked by the team at Fact.MR, which are available in the full report.
· By Product
· By Nature
· By Gender
- for Males
- for Females
· By Distribution Channel
- Online Sales of
- Sold at Specialty Stores
- Sold at Departmental Stores
- Sold at Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, and Convenience Stores
- Sold at Salons
· By Region
- North America
- Latin America
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now:
How will be insights and market estimations provided in the Fact.MR report on the Demand of Hair Color make a difference?
- The study takes a closer look at the major economic turmoil, with a focus on the recent COVID-19 pandemic disruptions
- The assessment of key growth dynamics highlights the attractiveness of new automation technologies and offers readers insight on the prospect of these during the forecast period
- The study tries to offer a balance perspective of the opportunities in mature and the most lackluster markets
- Provides scrutiny of the industry trends that have shaped recent government policies
- Provides an account of major breakthroughs in all segments that might change the course of the market considerably
- Provides an incisive analysis of socio-political milieu in which the key markets operate, and how will that influence the lucrativeness of the overall Hair Color Market
- Analyzes how collaborations and partnerships among players from different industries shape the key growth dynamics in the near future
- Evaluates the role of various stages of funding on new growth avenues in key regional markets
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583