The gonorrhea therapeutics market recorded ~4% CAGR during the period, 2019 to 2029. Gonorrhea emerged as a public threat worldwide with increasing prevalence of the antibiotic-resistant strains, which sustained the demand for gonorrhea therapeutics in recent years.
Revenues from gonorrhea therapeutics around the world is estimated at ~US$ 970 Mn in 2019, and record a 4% Y-o-Y over 2018. The gonorrhea therapeutics industry will remain sustained by inclination of the scientific community toward development of alternative therapies and new antibiotics.
Rising Prevalence of Gonorrhea and Use of New Diagnostic Tests to Drive Market Growth
- The diagnosis of gonorrhea is an ongoing challenge. Gonorrhea is the second-most commonly reported notifiable disease in the U.S. Infections due to Neisseria gonorrhea, such as those resulting from chlamydia trachomatis, are a major cause of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in the U.S. Moreover, epidemiologic and biologic studies provide evidence that gonococcal infections facilitate the transmission of HIV infection.
- Gonorrhea is a common bacterial sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can cause serious complications if not detected and treated. Gonorrhea testing identifies if the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhea is the cause of a person’s infection. Screening, for diagnosing, and treating gonorrhea is highly important to prevent long-term complications and spread of the infection.
- Numerous tests available to detect gonococcal infection mostly require laboratory facilities, and hence, are expensive. Tools for gonorrhea diagnosis include microscopy, culture, and various nonculture methods. Laboratory tests are highly sensitive; however, in practice, their high costs and technical requirements make their routine use difficult, and compromise their potential impact on STI control and management. Nevertheless, the increasing prevalence of gonorrhea and the advent of new diagnostic tests are expected to drive the growth of the gonorrhea therapeutics market.
Growth Strategies by Key Players :
- The global gonorrhea therapeutics market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players operating in the global gonorrhea therapeutics market include GlaxoSmithKline plc. Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca, Hologic, Inc., Danaher, Abbott, Becton Dickinson and Company, and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Research & development carried out by key players is governed by state organizations that support and finance applied research and experimental development.
- Wide distribution network, new product development, and mergers & acquisitions are key strategies followed by these major players in order to consolidate their position in the global gonorrhea therapeutics market.
Key Segmentation :
- Drug Type
- Macrolide Antibiotics (Azithromycin)
- Third-Generation Cephalosporin
- Tetracycline Antibiotics (Doxycycline)
- Fluoroquinolones Antibiotics (Gemifloxacin)
- Aminoglycoside (Gentamicin)
- Aminocyclitol (Spectinomycin)
- Route of Administration
- Intra Muscular
- Therapy Type
- Mono Therapy
- Dual Therapy
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Questionnaire answered in the report include:
- How the industry has grown?
- What is the present and future outlook on the basis of region?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- Why the consumption in region?
- In which year segment is expected to overtake segment?
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852