The global Food Thickening Agents Market is estimated to secure US$ 121 Billion by 2032, with a whopping CAGR of 43.6%. The market is projected to hold a market value worth US$ 3.3 Billion in 2022.
The market is expected to garner absolute dollar growth of US$ 117.8 Billion by 2032. Expansion of the market can be attributed to the growing adoption of modern technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M). Also, increasing application of millimetre-wave technology for Food Thickening Agents is anticipated to augment the Food Thickening Agents market size in the forecast period.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report:
Food Thickening Agents Market – Key Takeaways
- Plant and seaweed-based thickening agents remain sought-after, with a collective share of 50% in market value.
- Applications in bakery & confectionery are projected to grow 1.6X over the forecast period.
- Leading manufacturers are investing heavily on increasing production capacities.
- North America and Europe to remain regional leaders in the food thickening agents market with a collective share of 60% in the global market.
- Asia Pacific region to exhibit tremendous growth and is projected to double its market share during the forecast period.
- Significant investments in the production of thickening agents such as guar complex in India is expected to further boost the market.
Tier 1 players account for ~30% of revenue share in the food thickening agents market. Key companies in food thickening agent market are CARGILL, Ingredion Inc., CP Kelco, Darling Ingredients, Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM).
These companies are primarily concentrated in regions such as North America, Europe, and Australia.
Various strategy implementations like mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures by top-tier players has increased their market share and global presence in the food thickening agents market. On the back of these factors, the market is expected to move towards consolidation.
- In January 2020, ADM acquired Portugal-based Yerbalatina Phytoactives, a natural plant-based extracts and ingredients manufacturer.
- In March 2019, ADM acquired Germany based citrus-ingredient supplier Erich Ziegler which provides compounds in the flavor, food, and beverage industries
- In March 2019, Ingredion Inc. acquired potato starch manufacturer USA-based Western Polymer. Western polymer is the largest cationic potato starch supplier.
- In March 2019, Cargill Acquired Smet, a Belgium Chocolate and Sweets Decorations Supplier. This acquisition is expected to increase investments of the company in food thickening agents.
- In July 2018, ADM entered into a joint venture with Aston Foods Inc. to establish the presence of the company in Russia.
Food Thickening Agents Market – Key Driving Factors
- The surge in production of bakery & confectionery items, sausages, dressings, and soups, coupled with lack of substitutes is escalating the demand for food thickening agents to cater to the growing urban consumption.
- Attributed by their trait to lower swallowing difficulties (dysphagia), food thickening agents have gained traction from processed food manufacturers, thereby boosting demand.
- Manufacturers – in the path of exploring new herbs to extract agents from – are introducing vegan and gluten-free products, further bolstering the market.
Food Thickening Agents Market – Key Restraint
- Fluctuations in prices of food thickening agents and high cost associated with research and development activities to produce new variants continue to challenge rapid market growth.
Food thickening Agents Market: Segmentation
Fact.MR’s study has done the segmentation of food thickening agents market on the basis of application, source, and region.
· By Application :
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Meat & Poultry
- Sauces & Dressings
- Dairy Products
· By Source :
- Guar Gum
- Gum Arabic
- Locust Bean Gum
- Gellan Gum
- Xanthum Gum
- Animal (Gelatin)
- Carboxy Methyl Cellulose (CMC)
- Methyl Cellulose
· By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now:
How will be insights and market estimations provided in the Fact.MR report on the Demand Food Thickening Agents make a difference?
- The study takes a closer look at the major economic turmoil, with a focus on the recent COVID-19 pandemic disruptions
- The assessment of key growth dynamics highlights the attractiveness of new automation technologies and offers readers insight on the prospect of these during the forecast period
- The study tries to offer a balance perspective of the opportunities in mature and the most lackluster markets
- Provides scrutiny of the industry trends that have shaped recent government policies
- Provides an account of major breakthroughs in all segments that might change the course of the market considerably
- Analyzes how collaborations and partnerships among players from different industries shape the key growth dynamics in the near future
- Evaluates the role of various stages of funding on new growth avenues in key regional markets
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583