The global content delivery network (CDN) market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 12.6% to reach US$ 61.2 Billion by 2032, up from US$ 18.8 Billion in 2022. Media and entertainment companies are big users of content delivery networks, thanks to online streaming and website content solutions.
In 2021, content delivery networks held a 27.5% share of the global managed network services market. The growing demand for rich video content among online users, as well as the trend of digitization in organizations across end-user verticals, drives the overall CDN market demand.
Download Free Sample Copy of This Report
Customers are shifting away from traditional television in favor of video content delivery via cellular networks, and CDN solutions are being deployed in that domain to improve content delivery. Simultaneously, the deployment of digital solutions based on IoT networks and artificial intelligence across various industries is driving market participants to develop and promote customized industry-specific CDN solutions.
Broadcasters are offering latency-free data over the network and improving video delivery quality as OTT and VOD services become more popular. Continuous investment in network infrastructure around the world, particularly in emerging economies like India, has improved overall network connectivity, bandwidth, and coverage. These advancements have been critical in ensuring that consumers can stay connected, receive instant updates, and access ready-made media data. This is a motivator for broadcasters to improve content delivery while also delivering diverse data for consumption across multiple applications.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- Based on component, content delivery network solutions to register a CAGR of 12%
- Static content delivery networks to experience maximum adoption, expanding at a 12.1% CAGR
- U.S to be the fastest growing content delivery network market, registering a 12% CAGR
- Market in China is expected to be valued at US$ 4.4 Billion by the end of 2032
- U.K, Japan and South Korea to yield dollar opportunities worth US$ 1.7 Billion, US$ 2.4 Billion and US$ 1.6 Billion respectively
- Content delivery network market is likely to grow more than 3x from 2022-2032
“Growing digitalization among organizations and rising demand for optimization of live delivery and loading are expected to be major factors driving market growth” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Content delivery network service providers are heavily focused on strategic partnerships within the industry and with end-user corporations in order to establish long-term revenue strategies and accelerate product development. Video-on-demand and video conferencing applications are creating significant opportunities for content delivery solution providers.
Key Developments in the Content Delivery Network Market :
- CloudFlare Inc. announced collaboration with the Internet Archive to improve the reliability of website operations for publishers, which will include users who do not use CloudFlare services. The collaboration will help to improve CloudFlare services while also providing more data to the Internet Archive.
- Limelight Networks, Inc., a leading provider of CDN services, announced the availability of GraphQL functionality for its Layer0 by Limelight web application CDN in December 2021. This new feature strengthens Limelight’s position in the web application CDN market, particularly among web builders.
Key Content Delivery Network Software Providers
- Akamai Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Limelight Networks
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- CloudFare Inc.
- Limelight Networks Inc.
- Google LLC
- Verizon Media
- Lumen Technologies