According to a recent report released by Fact.MR, a supplier of market research and competitive intelligence, the global market for bioactive materials is expected to surpass a valuation of about US$ 2.1 billion in 2021 and post a CAGR of around 11.3% from 2021 to 2031.
While recent improvements in surgery have sparked a rise in sales of medical gadgets, they have also sparked sales of cutting-edge materials that make surgeries more efficient and safe. According to Fact.MR, bioactive materials have become more popular as a result of their suitability for use in drug delivery systems, molecular probes, human tissue healing, and medical implants. It has been demonstrated that sealants and patches made with bioactive materials can tolerate lung pressures and effectively treat lung leaks.
The burden of surgery from non-communicable diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular & metabolic diseases has been continuously growing, thus necessitating the need for advanced surgery support technologies. As the understanding of immune response to biomaterials builds with future research in this field, it can lead to enhanced incorporation of implants into host tissues, consequently nudging the demand for bioactive materials toward northward.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Together, North America and Europe command over 65% of global bioactive material revenue, owing to their advanced healthcare infrastructure.
- The market in South Asia is expected to witness a CAGR of over 14% during the forecast period.
- Revenue through bioactive glass ceramic is expected to increase 160 BPS during 2021 – 2031.
- Powdered bioactive materials account for over two-fifth of global demand; however, demand for injectable bioactive materials is expected to grow at a faster pace.
- Together, dentistry and surgery applications make up more than 70% revenue share of bioactive materials.
- Top five players manufacturing bioactive materials accounted for 23% market share in 2020.
“The food industry has been ever-ready to adapt to new food packaging technologies. Sales of bioactive materials can gain significant traction in food packaging when commercialized.” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Increasing aging population and their concern for tissue repair hold significant opportunity for bioactive material demand over the years to come. Inclination of biomedical companies in tissue engineering and regenerative medicines should be encashed by bioactive material suppliers.
Prominent Key players of the Bioactive Materials Market survey report:
- Zimmer Holding Inc.
- Medtronic Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- DePuy Synthes
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Pulpdent Corporation
- Bioactive Bone Substitutes Oy
- Lasak s.r.o
- Bioretec Ltd.
- Septodont Holding
- C.I. TAKIRON Corporation
Market Segments Covered
- By Material
- Bioactive Glass
- Bioactive Glass Ceramic
- Bioactive Composite Material
- By Type
- By Application
- Other Applications
The Bioactive Materials Market report answers important questions which include:
- What are some of the latent areas of investments in the Bioactive Materials Market?
- Which region is expected to emerge as showing the most attractive growth rate during the forecast period and which factors will be crucial to its growth?
- What trends are likely to change the status quo of the positions held by leading players of the Bioactive Materials Market in the not-so-distant future?
- Which product/service/technology segments holds game-changing potential to dramatically shape the competitive dynamic in the Bioactive Materials Market?
- What are the strategies adopted by top players to retain their stronghold in the Bioactive Materials Market?
- Which strategic moves will new entrants adopt to gain a strong foothold in the Bioactive Materials Market?