From 2022 to 2032, the global market for 3D semiconductor packaging is anticipated to grow at a rapid CAGR of 15%. The market is currently valued at US$ 8 billion, and by the end of 2032, it is expected to have grown to US$ 32.5 billion.
via 2032, a CAGR of 17.5% is predicted for the need for via silicon through methods. A cutting-edge packaging technique called through silicon through enables for better connectivity while taking up little room for electrical items.To function as a single device, two or more layers of active electronic components must be stacked together and connected vertically and horizontally. This process is known as semiconductor packaging.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report:
Thin semiconductor chips are stacked and integrated into micro-electronic modules using 3D semiconductor packaging using through silicon via technology. Additionally, it aids in reducing the size of the interposer between the package and circuit, which lowers the system’s cost and power usage.
The semiconductor industry is looking for alternatives to develop and produce innovative SoCs (system-on-chips) using SiP (system-in-package) and chiplet-based techniques by utilizing various cutting-edge packaging technologies. For high-end performance packaging, 3D integration of semiconductor components is becoming more popular.
Overall demand for ICs has increased due to the widespread usage of smartphones, which is anticipated to encourage the development of 3D packaging as ICs require strong packaging to enable small footprints and higher performance.
With sharper, lighter, and more energy-efficient features, consumer electronic products are always evolving. It raises consumer expectations for the next iteration. It is a key selling factor for companies that produce consumer devices. The demand for chips without flaws, large capital investments by various semiconductor manufacturing companies, and an increase in consumer electronics penetration are some of the reasons propelling the 3D semiconductor packaging industry
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global 3D semiconductor packaging market is predicted to reach US$ 32.5 billion by 2032.
- Market in Canada is forecasted to expand at a CAGR of 11% over the forecast period (2022-2032).
- Demand for the package-on-package method is estimated to rise rapidly at a CAGR of 14% from 2022 to 2032.
- Market in Japan is anticipated to progress at a CAGR of 10.5% through 2032.
Top players in the 3D semiconductor packaging market are developing techniques to reduce the overall cost of advanced packaging and provide the maximum level of operational effectiveness. Leading companies’ ongoing investments in R&D initiatives are anticipated to encourage the adoption of 3D packaged chips to advance the packaging method.
- In 2021, Amkor Technology, Inc. announced plans to build a cutting-edge smart factory in Bac Ninh, Vietnam. The first phase of the new plant will focus on providing Advanced SiP assembly and test solutions to the leading semiconductor and electronic manufacturing companies worldwide.
Key Manufacturers of 3D Semiconductor Packaging Industry
- ASE Group
- Amkor Technology Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Micron Technology
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Suss Microtec AG
- Tokyo Electron Ltd.
- Toshiba Corp.
- United Microelectronics
- Xilinx, Inc.
Segmentation of 3D Semiconductor Packaging Industry Research
- By Packaging Method:
- Through Silicon via (TSV)
- Through Glass via (TGV)
- By Application:
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Military & Aerospace
- By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Purchase This Report Through PayPal Payment Gateway
Market Trends and Growth Drivers:
Several trends and drivers contribute to the growth of the 3D semiconductor packaging market:
1. Increasing Demand for Miniaturization: As devices become smaller and more powerful, manufacturers seek innovative packaging solutions that accommodate higher component density.
2. IoT and Wearable Technologies: The proliferation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and wearables requires efficient packaging solutions to ensure compact form factors and extended battery life.
3. 5G Technology: The rollout of 5G networks drives the need for high-performance semiconductor packaging to meet the demands of increased data transfer rates.
4. Advancements in Materials: The development of advanced materials, such as new dielectrics and substrates, enables the creation of reliable 3D packaging solutions.
5. Heterogeneous Integration: The integration of different types of components, such as processors and memory, within a single package drives the need for 3D packaging.
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583