Breathalyzer Market: Key Insights
- The global breathalyzer market grew at a CAGR of 6.3% during the period 2012 – 2016.
- The global breathalyzer market was valued at over US$ 600 Mn in 2018 and is forecasted to clock a Y-o-Y growth of 7.5% in the year 2019 over 2018.
- North America will remain the largest market for breathalyzer during the forecast period, with revenues likely to reach US$ 167 Mn by the end of 2019.
- Government agencies are likely to account for the largest share of the breathalyzer market. In terms of revenues, demand for breathalyzers from government agencies is likely to be worth US$ 250 Mn in 2019.
Get Report Sample Copy @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=125
Which are the Growth Determinants of the Global Breathalyzer Market?
- North America remains at the forefront of global demand for breathalyzers. Promising growth of the North American breathalyzer market can be attributed to the burgeoning demand for breathalyzers in the U.S. As a result, demand for breathalyzers is anticipated to grow at an impressive pace with an estimated market valuation of US$ 167 Mn by 2019 end.
- Manufacturers of the global breathalyzer market are concentrating their efforts towards enhancing the features of their devices by incorporating innovative technology, such as fuel cell. This technology holds over half of the total revenue acquired by the global breathalyzer market. Convergence of breathalyzers and technology is likely to be a key trend over the course of he forecast period.
- Demand for breathalyzers has been on a perpetual rise on account of increasing instances of alcohol abuses. The government of various countries have regulated stringent laws to prevent the number of road mishaps and ensure the seamlessness of traffic, which is expected to fuel the growth of the global breathalyzer market.
- In addition to alcohol detection, breathalyzers are also used in diagnosing asthma, tuberculosis, and pylori infection detection. As a result, breathalyzers are witnessing a proliferated rate of adoption in the medical settings and diagnostic centers.
- Breathalyzer manufacturers are also targeting opportunities arising for drug detection. Using breathalyzers for drug detection can pave way for further adoption of breathalyzers.
What Factors are Besetting the Growth of the Global Breathalyzer Market?
- Uncertainty over the accuracy of the results displayed by the breathalyzers, on account of their inability to distinguish alcohol from other chemical compound consisting of a methyl group structure is anticipated to dampen the growth of the breathalyzer market.
- Alcohol testing is opposed in workplaces as it is seen as a breach of privacy. An unhygienic condition for the use of breathalyzers is yet another restrainer factor limit its adoption rate.
Global Breathalyzer – Competitive Landscape
- In 2017, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. acquired Patheon N.V. with an aim to leverage Patheon’s excellent CDMO capabilities for the company’s clinical trials services as well as bioproduction technologies. Thermo Fisher acquired about 95.3% of Patheon’s market share.
- In 2017, Abbott completed the acquisition of Alere to maximize its diagnostics outreach and leverage Alere’s technologies to offer better treatment by meeting their rising demand for speedy, reliable, and actionable medical data.
- Intoximeters, INC. developed a breathalyzer, Alco Sensor IV, which provides an accurate and economical method of determining the concentration of alcohol. The device is easily accessible and is developed using integrated fuel cell technology. The device is extensively used by law enforcement bodies as a preliminary breathalyzer.
Send an Enquiry @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=125
Other key players operating in the global breathalyzer market comprise of AK Global Technology, Prentke Romich Company INC, Dragerwerk AG, Intoximeters, INC, Quest Products INC, Tobii Dynavox, Saltillo Corporation, Lifeloc Technologies INC, Toby Churchill Limited, and Lingraphica, among others.
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that’s why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852